Why Choose Us?
There are many reasons to choose Glenmore Lodge, here are just a few.
Glenmore Lodge is situated at the heart of the Cairngorms National Park just 8 miles from Aviemore. Our location provides immediate access to Britain’s most extensive and iconic high mountain range as well as the best rivers and lochs Scotland has to offer. The proximity to such great locations means you spend less time driving and more time learning and developing, ensuring you get great value for money…plus some pretty stunning scenery.
Glenmore Lodge has been operating for over 60 years. In that time we have developed an international reputation for delivering truly first class instruction. Don’t just take our word for it though. 99% of our guests say they would do another course at the centre and over 35% of all guests are repeat customers.
Our reputation for customer service has also been recognised by the Hospitality Industry. In June 2011 we acheived the standard required to receive the Hospitality Assured mark. This award is championed by the Institute of Hospitality and supported by the British Hospitality Association. It is awarded to businesses that put the customer first and focus on customer service throughout their entire business.
We are proud to say there are many reasons why our customers return:
- Quality of instruction – knowledgeable, clear, concise, friendly and tailored to meet the needs of the individual. Our instructors work hard to ensure you get what you want out of the course, not what we want to teach you.
- Quality of equipment – we know most people don’t own all the kit they need, or want to travel with it, especially as a beginner. That’s why our Stores is stocked full of the latest high quality equipment, regularly replaced and available for you to borrow for free.
- Quality of our food and accommodation – to learn properly you need to be relaxed. That’s why we provide hotel standard rooms, a relaxing bar area and food designed to fill you up before, during and after a hard day.
- Our location – Cairngorm National Park has the most stunning scenery: once you have visited us, you’ll be back to experience more. Not only is it great to look at, but it also provides a ‘green gymnasium’ right on our doorstep.
- UK prices are all inclusive – Once you start to factor in all the extras you receive at no cost, you can see that we offer great value for money. You need only pay once and you won’t find yourself having to pay for extras.
What is included?
We offer a hassle free all-inclusive experience. All accommodation, food and equipment are included in the price as well as travel to and from the activity. We will even pick you up and drop you off at the local station before and after your course*. You only need money for the bar and an evening meal if you arrive the night before the course starts.
*Please note: station drop-offs and pick-ups are at scheduled times on a Friday and Sunday, leaving the Lodge at 17:00 and returning from the train station at 17:20, and must be booked in advance. Please call us on 01479 861256 to book.
Are we value for money?
As a national centre we have a remit from the Scottish government to provide and enhance outdoor activity, encouraging more people to expereince the outdoors more often. To achieve that we seek to provide the best possible value for money, delivering top quality instruction, kit & facilities with a not for profit ethos.