- All prices, where applicable, are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- Course fees are exempt from VAT.
- For course and chalet bookings a non-refundable deposit must be made at time of booking.
- For course and chalet bookings made within 6 weeks prior to the intended arrival date full payment must be made at time of booking.
- B&B bookings must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Tailormade bookings require a 25% non-refundable deposit to confirm the booking offer or a Purchase Order to cover the full amount, along with a signed copy of our terms and conditions.
- For course and accommodation bookings which are to be invoiced to a company, a Purchase Order for the full amount must be received by Glenmore Lodge prior to confirmation.
- All balance payments for courses (including Tailor made courses) and chalet bookings must be made 6 weeks prior to the intended arrival date.
- On conclusion of a tailormade booking, or in the circumstances of a cancellation by the Client the outstanding balance is payable in full within 14 days of the date on the invoice. If payment is not received within the specified time, we reserve the right to charge 4% interest above the Bank of Scotland base rate on the outstanding amount or a rate of interest I line with Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as appropriate.
- All amendments to course and chalet bookings must be notified in writing/email and will be subject to an administration fee of £35.
- You can make payments by any lawful means, as long as the money we receive is the amount you owe. This means if you are paying by bank transfer you may need to pay any charges your bank charges you when the payment leaves your account plus any bank charges when the payment is received in our account.
- You may wish to pay by credit card as this usually offers additional consumer protection in accordance with the terms and conditions of your card.
- Glenmore Lodge reserves the right to revise course prices due to the increase in:
- Transportation costs
- Fuel costs
- Dues, taxes or fees chargeable for the services such as landing taxes or embarkation /disembarkation at ports and airports
- Exchange rates applied to the course
Cancellation by client
- Any changes or cancellations will need to be given to us in writing or by email.
- For courses based in the UK, these will be subject to an administration fee of £35.
- For cancellations made to overseas courses, the participant is liable for the non refundable 25% deposit.
- For any cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start of the course, participants are liable for the full course fee.
- All cancellations to B&B bookings made within 24hrs of the intended arrival are subject to a £10 per person/per night cancellation fee.
- All cancellations to facilities bookings made within 24hrs of the intended arrival time are subject to the full fee.
- All tailormade bookings; this includes accommodation bookings for 6 or more)
- All tailormade deposits are non refundable.
- Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of your event will be liable for 50% of the full fee.
- Cancellations made within 2 weeks of the start date of your event will be liable for 100% of the full fee.
Cancellation by Glenmore Lodge
- Glenmore Lodge will endeavour to run all courses as planned. However for operational reasons we may have to cancel/amend your booking.
- In the event of cancellation of any booking by Glenmore lodge clients will be offered either:
- Full refund of the fee paid to Glenmore Lodge; or
- Transfer to any other course/date
- The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Scottish Sports Council Trust Company, No. 5385 and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for non-flight packages.
- ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled and assistance if you are on holiday to return you to your pre-arranged departure flight.
- Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Scottish Sports Council Trust Company.
- In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst on holiday due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
- You can access The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
- You will be asked to fill in a participation and emergency contact detail form prior to your course starting.
- Glenmore Lodge accepts no accountability for training provision out with our operation or agreed partnerships.
- Glenmore Lodge has agreements with a number of third party training providers who add a range of training opportunities to help support our aims of enabling and promoting lifelong participation and progression within outdoor and adventure sport. If you are a business or sole trader, and you wish to provide training from Glenmore Lodge as a base, then we would ask that you approach us in an open and transparent manner regarding this request. We will review any such request by assessing any conflict with our own training provision, organisation support agreements, reasonable perceptions of the client over who is their training provider. Businesses and sole traders should avoid any legitimising or marketing of training provision based on accommodation provided by Glenmore Lodge. Our culture and practice maintains the safety and quality of Glenmore Lodge training provision and we accept no accountability for training provision out with our operation. We therefore reserve the right to deny any such request.
- All course participants are strongly advised to take out appropriate cancellation, curtailment and accident insurance.
- For all course bookings please ensure you meet the pre-requisites specified, before making your booking.
- All final details for tailormade bookings need to be advised 14 days prior to the intended arrival date.
- Damage to Glenmore Lodge property may incur additional charges.
- Glenmore Lodge does not accept any celebratory or party bookings.
- We accept no liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse weather conditions. If such occurrences cause us to have to cancel a course or trip we will offer an alternative holiday if possible, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
- Making your booking implies that you understand and accept the booking conditions and agree to abide by them.
- We do not sell, rent or lease our customer information to third parties.
- We may use photography and video content taken during our courses or activities on our social media sites but only of the event itself or with the consent of the individual.
- For U18’s the participation form must be completed and returned by a parent or guardian at least 14 days prior to the course start date or they will not be able to attend.
- Unless specifically agreed, the organiser of a booking involving U18’s is fully responsible for those persons at all times including overnights.
- Bookings can only be made if you are 18 years old or over. If you arrive at the Glenmore Lodge and are under 18 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo id as proof of age.
Dealing with Complaints
- If you have a complaint about the service you receive at any point during the course, you must notify ourselves or the instructor involved as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to put things right. None of our instructors have authority to promise refunds or compensation on behalf of Glenmore Lodge.
- If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service. An Independent Arbitrator will review the documents relating to any complaint and deliver a binding decision to bring the matter to a close.
- Details of this scheme are available from The Travel Industry Arbitration Service, administered by Dispute Settlement Services Limited
9 Savill Road
- This scheme cannot however decide in cases where the sums claimed exceed £5,000 per person or £10,000 per booking form, or for claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequence thereof.
Safety Policy: The Client Partnership
All courses at Glenmore Lodge are planned and supervised in a way designed to manage the risk of accident to both clients and instructors, while at the same time providing realistic, practical and beneficial training.
Outdoor activities, by their nature, contain a degree of hazard and risk and despite the greatest care accidents may still occur.
All clients on Glenmore Lodge courses should be aware that involvement places them at risk of accident and potential injury, possibly serious or even fatal. Under normal circumstances, unless otherwise informed, it is assumed that clients having enrolled on the course of their choice, are aware of and accept the inherent risk associated with the activity.
Instructors are responsible for the safety of their clients during periods of training or assessment. In order to manage the risk, all clients are requested to draw to the attention of the instructor(s) if they are unhappy or feel the activity is beyond their ability. No client, irrespective of circumstance, is required to undertake any aspect of the training or assessment and may withdraw from the course at any time.
Instructors are employed on the basis of their experience, and technical ability and will possess the relevant qualities and have received the appropriate training required to deliver the programme.
On rare occasions due to conditions the instructor may decide that to pursue the training on the hill or water is inappropriate. The management team will support the instructors’ decision and we will work to provide relevant training in line with the broad aims of the activity.
During the training provided, instructors will use their reasonable endeavors to evaluate individual clients’ ability and in the unusual event that the instructor deems the clients’ ability is unsuitable for the training taking place, the client will be advised accordingly, and where possible alternative training more suited to their needs may be offered.
In order to facilitate safe practice, would all clients please note that in all circumstances the instructions provided by instructors should be followed.
All clients on Glenmore Lodge courses are required to declare if they have a medical condition or if they are using any medication.
All clients should be physically fit for the course they have chosen.
The foregoing terms and conditions will not affect any client’s statutory rights.