The 5 day assessment for the Winter ML Award.
It is essential that you arrive with the correct and original paperwork IN ORDER. Your Assessor will need to see the following:
- You must have completed the formal six day training course and have a training report page in your log book, or have a letter of exemption from training from the MTS secretary.
- Your DLOG (or paper logbook if still suing one) must contain the following:
- Evidence of an absolute minimum of 40 Winter Quality Mountain Days with at least 20 of them gained in Scotland, distributed over a period of at least three winter seasons. (asterisk or highlighter pen and numbered for ease of reading)
- Evidence of having completed at least 10 Grade 1 named UK winter climbs.
- Hold a First Aid certificate recognised as appropriate for the scheme. You will be deferred if you cannot produce a valid, original copy of your first aid certificate.
- Your completed Home Paper which is part of this document. Click here to download Winter ML Homepaper