Please note that you will not be allowed to attend the course and will not receive a refund without being confirmed as registered by Mountain Training Scotland prior to the start of the course.
Learn the skills to lead groups in the British mountains in winter conditions. The course includes an overnight snowhole expedition. Be prepared for a challenging and physically demanding week.
Your Trainer will need to see the following:
- Evidence of your registration to do the Winter Mountain Leader Award. If you are not registered specifically for the winter award with MTS you will not be able to attend this course.
- Evidence of your Summer Mountain Leader award.
- Completed logbook with:
- Evidence of recent experience of hill walking and mountaineering in winterconditions in at least three different mountain areas in the UK.
- Evidence of experience of an absolute minimum of 20 Winter Quality Mountain Days
- Be well practised in the use of ice axe and crampons.