Is It For Me?
Please watch the Video Edit in the blue tab above to get an idea of the terrain used on these courses…
Trail Plus moves your biking forward to steeper and more challenging riding. It is delivered on a maximum coach: student ratio of 1:4 ensuring you get space for individual tuition and plenty of practice time.
This course will venture into more challenging terrain and progress your riding towards tackling bigger drops; styling steeper terrain and giving you grip where you had none.
The level of this course is also aligned with the technical riding skills needed to pass the UKMBLS Level 3 Leadership Award. and the MBLA Mountain Bike Leader qualification.
- Gain control in terrain where you currently struggle.
- Improve performance on easier trails to give you more speed and control.
We will use both our onsite coaching trails as well as venturing out into the world class arena of the Cairngorms to not only improve your riding but also show off some of the best trails anywhere.
Trail Plus will hit the following:
- Dynamic balance
- Railing corners
- Braking for pros
- Maximise your manuals
- Drops: fast and slow
- Crafty climbing
What Will I Need?
Please watch the video edit in the blue tab above for more information on what to bring on your course…
To get the most out of your course it is important to be comfortable in your gear and with your equipment. Therefore, it is always best to have your own and have used it before coming along on a course. This isn’t essential however.
We have a limited range on offer and may not be able to supply a bike for you. If you cannot bring your own bike for the course then please get in touch asap so that we can work with you to find the perfect solution.
If you ride normally ride with SPD pedals then consider riding with flats. This will help you gain confidence whilst practising new skills on the bike. We can supply the flat pedals if you bring along a pair of flat soled trainers.
Below is a simple kit list to help you come along prepared for the course.
Listed here are the essentials; this is not an exhaustive list.
Should you be missing something then the items below in bold are also available in stores if needs be. Items marked *** are available in our shop to buy – subject to availability.
- Bike– Call us if you don’t have one in advance of the course, 01479 861 256
• Bike computer – optional but useful for navigating
• Small bike lights front and rear – always a good idea to carry just in case!
• Small Biking Day pack – 25L max
• Eye wear
• Thin woolly hat or Buff for under helmet ***
• Gloves – thin, full finger cycling gloves are perfect
• Warmer Cycle friendly Full finger Gloves – just in case its cold ***
• Cycle specific Waterproof jacket and shorts
• Padded cycling Shorts – there really are worth it for comfort!
• Outer Baggy Cycling Shorts
• Thin fleece or similar
• Full leg covering – for cold days e.g. cycle tights or cycling leg warmers
• Warm outdoor wear
• Insulating layers – a variety of base layers are useful to control your temperature
• Small personal first aid kit
• Drink system – hydration pack / water bottle***
• Spare inner tube x2 for your bike***
• Spare Brake pads x2 for your bike
• Spare Rear Gear Mechanism hanger for your bike – Call your local bike shop for help with this
• Emergency survival bag ***
• Bike Lock
• Personal toiletries & medications (towels are provided)***
• Suncream – you just never know! ***
• An alarm clock
Glenmore Lodge also has a pool, gym & climbing wall – so don’t forget your swimming/gym/climbing kit!
We have Laundry facilities here and a fantastic drying room so there is always the option to wash stuff as you go.
Remember the price is all inclusive if you book the residential option.
We want all of our customers to know what their course will cost, up front and in the open. Accommodation on the night before and the nights during your course, pick up from the train station (Friday and Sunday evenings only), breakfast, lunch, cake break and dinner are all included.
All transportation on the course, the use of the centre’s facilities & any equipment you borrow are also part of the package.
If you do book a non-residential option the lunch and afternoon tea and cake is still provided.