Qualification Level – 2 days
The newly designed Advanced First Aid course specifically created for individuals wishing to further their skills beyond the basic first aider. A practical 2 day skills course aiming to improve your knowledge and confidence in dealing with pre-hospital care situations within a remote environment. Major outdoor scenarios will be covered use of a wide range of medical equipment, scene management and triage.
Ideal for anyone looking to improve their first aid knowledge beyond that of basic first aid.
Ideal for individuals;
- looking to improve their first aid knowledge beyond that of basic first aid.
- Who are progressing through the instructor pathway who would like to improve whilst still satisfying their NGB requirements.
- Who work/volunteer in Bike patrol, Ski Patrol and Mountain Rescue.
- Who would like to provide first aid at organised events, this course gives you the practical skills to do so.
- Wishing to work towards the BASP Emergency Medical Technician Course or Casualty Care Course, Ski Patrol, Mountain Rescue and Bike Patrol. BASP EMT course is booked through BASP directly but it is run at Glenmore Lodge. For more information, click here
Assessment: Prior learning of basic first aid will be continually assessed and a formal written paper and gases assessment will have to be passed to achieve the qualification.
Certification: BASP Advanced First Aid certificate valid for 2 years AND a BASP Outdoor Emergency First Aid Certificate valid for 3 years.
Please NOTE: there may be an evening scenario planned for the course after 8pm. If you are not planning to stay at Glenmore Lodge, please bear in mind this might be a requirement.
ILA Funding can be used towards this course.