• Home Nation BC White Water Kayak Leadership Registration (LR) This needs to be completed prior to booking
• Valid (within 3 years) BC recognised 2 day first aid award (if first aid training was
completed prior to 31/12/11, a recognised 8 hour first aid course is acceptable)
• Previous experience: provide evidence of white water paddling in 4 different regions.
This experience must include:
o time spent with a variety of groups in a variety of conditions, conditions will
include low to high water and rivers that are different in nature, including
small narrow rivers through to rivers with a wider more open feel to them
o 12 grade 3 river trips as a member of a group
o 12 grade 2(3) river trips as an assistant leader
• Valid (within 3 years) BC White Water Kayak Leader Training. This includes at
least 2 days logged experience of formal training in personal skills and leadership.
Whilst 2 days is seen as the minimum this would be for individuals with extensive
prior experience and realistically 3, 4 or even 5 days may be more appropriate
• BC White Water Safety and Rescue (WWSR) Training Course (or Rescue 3
Whitewater Rescue Technician). Candidates need to ensure their safety and rescue
skills are current and up-to-date before presenting for an assessment; it is strongly
advised that their WWSR training is recent to ensure this is the case.