A fairly physical weekend that introduces the key skills of orienteering, and exposes you to the range and technical complexity of some of the UK’s best orienteering areas.
Discover Orienteering (2Day)
Introduction Level - 2 days
There are no pre-requirements to attend this course. Although we do encourage you to have a go at one or two local events beforehand.
What’s included on your course
- Use of kit
- Shuttle bus to Glenmore Lodge (departs Aviemore station 5:20pm on Friday and Sundays)
- Packed lunch and afternoon tea each day
- In-course transport
- What’s included if you choose the residential option – As above PLUS
- Bed in shared en-suite room – available from 3pm on day before your course starts *
- (Single rooms may be available for a supplementary charge, please ask at reception when you arrive)
- Dinner for each course day (except one day and back-to-back courses)
- Use of the facilities at Glenmore Lodge
- Linen is provided along with a towel, you may wish to bring an extra towel if you would like to use the facilities
- Arriving at Glenmore Lodge
- For more information on travel to the Lodge click here
- Your first inclusive meal is breakfast (7:45 -8:30am) An evening meal is not provided on your arrival night, but bar meals are available in our Lochain bar 5pm to 9pm (5-7pm on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Packed lunches are collected at breakfast
- On Mondays and Saturdays only there will be a 10 minute welcome talk at 8.15am, on other days you will meet your instructor at 9am. The daily programme of your course will be discussed with your instructor when you first meet, taking into account aspirations and prevailing weather conditions
- On your last day
- Check out time is 10am on the final day of your booking, we have changing areas, showers and left luggage facilities on site
- All courses will finish by 5pm
- On Fridays and Sundays we offer a drop off to Aviemore station, leaving Glenmore Lodge at 5pm, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance if you would like to book this serviceCan’t find what you’re looking for? Check our FAQ’s here or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01479 861256
- *some exceptions – see detailed course notes
Can't find exactly what you are looking for?
Design your own course
We are happy to create it for you. You can hire one of our instructors or guides from as little as £280 a day, including any equipment. If you’re a group, all of our courses are available on a date that suits you or if you would prefer we can tailor a course to your requirements. Simply give us a call to discuss your requirements.