Ready to take your climbing to the next level? This course is aimed at competent climbers who want to improve. We will look at how you can stack the odds towards success. This course aims to provide you with the knowledge to develop your climbing for years to come. The content of this course will look at Improving your tactical, psychological approach, climbing movement and fitness. Then together we will aim to seek the radical gains that will allow you to access your next success. Note; students must be proficient in the use of climbing ropework to do this course.
Gain a Grade
Improver Level - 2 days | Prices from £285.00
Dates & Prices
Is It For Me?
Is this course for me?
This is the Ideal two day course if you want to progress your climbing. But not really sure what areas you need to improve to get better. It’s all about improving your climbing grade. This is a guided tour through the areas you can develop to become an all-round climbing machine. Video feedback, instructor feedback and peer review are some of the coaching tools we use to help you progress
The content of this course will look at Improving your tactical, psychological approach, climbing movement and fitness. Then together we will aim to seek the radical gains that will allow you to access your next success.
- Efficient climbing movement
- Tactics at the crag & how to choose your route
- Route reading & rehearsal
- Getting into the zone
- Identifying your Weaknesses
- Building on your strengths
What Will I Need?
What Will I Need?
Glenmore Lodge has a large and very comprehensive store of up to date clothing and equipment. You are welcome to use your own equipment and pick and choose odd items from the store. Your instructor will want to check that personal equipment is appropriate for the activity.
If you are thinking about buying equipment but are not too sure what to get we would advise you to come and try our equipment and then make your purchases after the course. We have a range of most equipment items you can try during the course and there is advice on hand from other students as well as the staff.
GLENMORE LODGE CAN SUPPLY:
- Waterproof jackets and trousers
- Rock shoes
- All technical equipment (please feel free to bring your own technical kit) including ropes.
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO BRING WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE IN THE STORES.
Listed here are the essentials, this is not an exhaustive list.
- Informal clothing for leisure wear
- Warm outdoor wear
- Insulating layers – at least one mid weight and one warm fleece layer
- General trekking trousers are recommended, not jeans though.
- Spare fleece/insulated jacket
- Hat & gloves
- Map information – we encourage everyone on mountain courses to have a map covering the Northern Cairngorms.
- Rucksack liner (or sturdy bin liner) / dry bags
- Vacuum Flask & Water Bottle ***
- Box or bag for packed lunch.
- Blister kit/ small first aid kit
- Personal toiletries & medications (towels are provided)
- Suncream – you just never know! ***
- Spare towel
- An alarm clock
Glenmore Lodge also has a pool, gym & climbing wall – so don’t forget your swimming/gym/climbing kit!
Items marked *** are available in our shop subject to availability.
Remember the price is all inclusive
Prerequisites – To get the most out of the course you need to be an active indoor(6a)/outdoor(Min Severe) climber and competent with climbing ropework.
Can't find exactly what you are looking for?
Design your own course
We are happy to create it for you. You can hire one of our instructors or guides from as little as £280 a day, including any equipment. If you’re a group, all of our courses are available on a date that suits you or if you would prefer we can tailor a course to your requirements. Simply give us a call to discuss your requirements.