The main focus of this two day course is introducing participants to core rock climbing skills whilst enjoying maximum climbing mileage. Most of the course will be based outside with all the climbing action taking place on real rock – weather permitting.
You don’t have to have any previous experience of rock climbing although being fit and active would be advantageous.
Our aim is to develop a solid foundation in core rock climbing techniques, whilst climbing a variety of single pitch rock climbs, such that you will be a competent and self reliant second.
- Individualised coaching to develop and improve rock climbing movement skills.
- Putting on and adjusting a harness; tying the climbing rope into the harness.
- Belaying using a belay plate in both a bottom and top rope situation – including holding falls and lowering.
- Personal abseiling using belay plate and self protection options e.g. using auto block.
- Basic rope skills e.g. tying clove hitch, rethreaded figure of 8, coiling a rope.