PLEASE CONTACT GLENMORE LODGE BEFORE BOOKING
This course requires meeting at 16:00 on the Sunday evening of your course start date.
You will usually be in a group of no more than two with one instructor. Meeting your instructor prior provides an opportunity to discuss everyone’s experience and aspirations enabling the instructor to plan the programme based around these. The main topics to be covered are:
- You will be guided up classic Ben Nevis snow, ice and mixed routes up to Grade V.5
- Intensive coaching to develop personal climbing technique on ice and mixed ground.
- Avalanche awareness and safe travel techniques.
- The essential skills required to move fast on alpine type terrain.
- Top tips in the Black Arts of protecting Ben Nevis climbs.
Over the 5 days we will be able to climb a diverse selection of classic routes on the north face of Ben Nevis.
Note: although late March is generally a reliable time on the Ben with regard to ice conditions, Scottish winters are notoriously fickle. In the event of poor ice conditions we can still climb routes although we may be limited in our choice depending on conditions and with safety in mind.