The assessment course for the SPA award.
Single Pitch Award Assessment
Qualification Level - 2 days and 7 hours
The cost for this course includes full board accommodation, course transport and equipment hire.
The cost for this course includes, packed lunch, afternoon tea & cake, course transport and equipment hire.
|Number of participants||Booking|
Is It For Me?
Please note you should have attended a SPA Training course or have a letter of exemption and meet the assessment pre-requirements. Full details are in the SPA handbook.
PRIOR TO YOUR ASSESSMENT YOU NEED TO:
- Complete the attached SPA SCHEME- SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE (ASSESSMENT) and either bring with you or post to the Lodge.
- Complete the attached HOME PAPER and bring it along to your course.
- Bring your completed and up to date logbook and a valid first aid certificate. If you do not have a first aid certificate you will be automatically deferred.
The course will start promptly at 1900Hrs on the arrival date evening to check log books, discuss the course programme and review the home paper. You must plan to be at the Lodge by this time having had your evening meal.
What Will I Need?
Glenmore Lodge has a large, and very comprehensive store of up to date clothing and equipment. You are welcome to use your own equipment and pick and choose odd items from the store. Glenmore Lodge will supply all ropes. Your instructor will want to check that personal equipment is appropriate for the activity.
GLENMORE LODGE CAN SUPPLY:
- Waterproof jackets and trousers
- Leather Boots
- Day & Expedition Sacs
- All emergency group kit including ropes.
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO BRING WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE IN THE STORES.
Listed here are the essentials, this is not an exhaustive list.
- Informal clothing for leisure wear
- Warm outdoor wear
- Insulating layers – at least one mid weight and one warm fleece layer
- General trekking trousers are recommended, not jeans though.
- Thick socks (several pairs)
- Spare fleece/insulated jacket
- Hat & gloves*** leather palmed Belay Gloves are useful for rope work scenarios.
- Compass – Silva type 4 recommended with a 1:40,000 romer ***
- Maps and waterproof map case. You’ll need a waterproof 1:50,000 sheet 36 map of the Cairngorms, and a map of the Glencoe area (1:25 000 or equivalent).
- Rucksack liner (or sturdy bin liner) / dry bags
- Vacuum Flask & Water Bottle ***
- Box or bag for packed lunch.
- Blister kit/ small first aid kit
- Personal toiletries & medications (towels are provided)
- Suncream – you just never know! ***
- Spare towel
- An alarm clock
Glenmore Lodge also has a pool, sauna, gym & climbing wall – so don’t forget your swimming/gym/climbing kit!
Items marked *** are available in our shop subject to availability.
Remember the price is all inclusive
We want our customers to easily know what their course will cost, up front and in the open. Accommodation on the night before and the nights during your course, pick up from the train station (Friday and Sunday evenings only), breakfast, lunch, cake break and dinner are all included. All transportation on the course, centre facilities & any equipment you borrow are also part of the package.
Please complete and return the Home Paper.
SPA registration, completed training course, completed log book, first aid cert.
Can't find exactly what you are looking for?Design your own course
We are happy to create it for you. You can hire one of our instructors or guides from as little as £250 a day, including any equipment. If you’re a group, all of our courses are available on a date that suits you or if you would prefer we can tailor a course to your requirements. Simply give us a call or fill in our enquiry form.